Friday, August 23, 2013

Jungle Animals

Our art projects this week include:

Lion

I just gave the kiddos some yellow and orange paint and let the go to town on a paper plate! After the paint dried I drew a lion face on them.

Hand print Elephant

Also another easy activity. I painted their hands brown (Because I didn't have grey) then we put their hand print onto the paper. after they were dry I drew an ear, eye, lines on the trunk and a tail. I think they turned out pretty cute!

Hungary Hippos



I cut out 2 hippo heads for each child. Then I folded the mouth part (I folded the top one up and the bottom one down) then glued the top portion of the head together, leaving the mouth part open.
After that I gave the kiddos some teeth I cut out of white paper and had them glue the teeth into the mouth. We glued eyes on and I drew a nose for each hippo.






Our wonderful books this week are:

Hippspotamus By Jeanne Willis
Bedtime In The Jungle By John Butler
If I Were A Jungle Animal By Amanda Ellery
"Slowly, Slowly, Slowly," Said The Sloth By Eric Carle
What To Do If An Elephant Stands on your foot By Michelle Robinson
The Monkey With The Bright Blue Bottom By Steve Smallman
Tiny Little Fly By Michael Rosen

All from the wonderful library near us!

No comments:

Post a Comment