Paper plate Cow
I cut out an oval for the head and 2 ears for each cow, we used a paper plate for the body. Then we used black paper to cut out some spots. The toddlers had fun gluing the spots and head onto the body. I let Big sis draw her own face on her cow.Sheep
I used the sheep I found here as a template and traced it onto white paper. Then I cut it out and drew on the eyes, mouth, nose and colored in the hooves. I then cut the cotton balls into quarters. We put glue on the body of the sheep with a paint brush to get it spread around pretty evenly. The kiddos then put the cotton balls onto the sheep! It's also a bit of fine motor practice picking up the cotton balls.Pig in the mud
Such a fun and simple craft! I cut out a pig shape that I free handed on pink paper. I gave each child a background to glue their pig on. For the toddlers I just put a bunch of glue all over the paper. I let Big Sis glue hers on.Then I gave them all brown paint (which I had to mix up, because the set I bought does not have brown, white, or black). They loved painting mud on their pigs!
Fine Motor
For fine motor we practiced stringing beads and tp rings.We also played with rice. Which is also a good sensory activity!
We sang Old Mac Donald and a song I found here called The rooster.
The Rooster
(Tune: Pop Goes the Weasel)
The rooster crows at the break of day
to say the day is new
we all know just what he'll say
it's cock-a-doodle-doo!
The Rooster
(Tune: Pop! Goes The Weasel )
The rooster crows at the break of day.
To say the day is new.
We all know just what he'll say,
It's cock-a-doodle-doo! - See more at: http://childfun.com/index.php/alphabet/186-the-letter-r-activity-theme.html#sthash.5gOvHNFW.dpuf
(Tune: Pop! Goes The Weasel )
The rooster crows at the break of day.
To say the day is new.
We all know just what he'll say,
It's cock-a-doodle-doo! - See more at: http://childfun.com/index.php/alphabet/186-the-letter-r-activity-theme.html#sthash.5gOvHNFW.dpuf
The Rooster
(Tune: Pop! Goes The Weasel )
The rooster crows at the break of day.
To say the day is new.
We all know just what he'll say,
It's cock-a-doodle-doo! - See more at: http://childfun.com/index.php/activity-themes/alphabet/186-the-letter-r-activity-theme.html#sthash.RmKSFyc8.dpuf
(Tune: Pop! Goes The Weasel )
The rooster crows at the break of day.
To say the day is new.
We all know just what he'll say,
It's cock-a-doodle-doo! - See more at: http://childfun.com/index.php/activity-themes/alphabet/186-the-letter-r-activity-theme.html#sthash.RmKSFyc8.dpuf
The Rooster
(Tune: Pop! Goes The Weasel )
The rooster crows at the break of day.
To say the day is new.
We all know just what he'll say,
It's cock-a-doodle-doo! - See more at: http://childfun.com/index.php/activity-themes/alphabet/186-the-letter-r-activity-theme.html#sthash.RmKSFyc8.dpuf
(Tune: Pop! Goes The Weasel )
The rooster crows at the break of day.
To say the day is new.
We all know just what he'll say,
It's cock-a-doodle-doo! - See more at: http://childfun.com/index.php/activity-themes/alphabet/186-the-letter-r-activity-theme.html#sthash.RmKSFyc8.dpuf
The Rooster
(Tune: Pop! Goes The Weasel )
The rooster crows at the break of day.
To say the day is new.
We all know just what he'll say,
It's cock-a-doodle-doo! - See more at: http://childfun.com/index.php/activity-themes/alphabet/186-the-letter-r-activity-theme.html#sthash.RmKSFyc8.dpuf
(Tune: Pop! Goes The Weasel )
The rooster crows at the break of day.
To say the day is new.
We all know just what he'll say,
It's cock-a-doodle-doo! - See more at: http://childfun.com/index.php/activity-themes/alphabet/186-the-letter-r-activity-theme.html#sthash.RmKSFyc8.dpuf
The Rooster
(Tune: Pop! Goes The Weasel )
The rooster crows at the break of day.
To say the day is new.
We all know just what he'll say,
It's cock-a-doodle-doo! - See more at: http://childfun.com/index.php/activity-themes/alphabet/186-the-letter-r-activity-theme.html#sthash.RmKSFyc8.dpuf
(Tune: Pop! Goes The Weasel )
The rooster crows at the break of day.
To say the day is new.
We all know just what he'll say,
It's cock-a-doodle-doo! - See more at: http://childfun.com/index.php/activity-themes/alphabet/186-the-letter-r-activity-theme.html#sthash.RmKSFyc8.dpuf
The Rooster
(Tune: Pop! Goes The Weasel )
The rooster crows at the break of day.
To say the day is new.
We all know just what he'll say,
It's cock-a-doodle-doo! - See more at: http://childfun.com/index.php/activity-themes/alphabet/186-the-letter-r-activity-theme.html#sthash.RmKSFyc8.dpuf
Our books this week were:(Tune: Pop! Goes The Weasel )
The rooster crows at the break of day.
To say the day is new.
We all know just what he'll say,
It's cock-a-doodle-doo! - See more at: http://childfun.com/index.php/activity-themes/alphabet/186-the-letter-r-activity-theme.html#sthash.RmKSFyc8.dpuf
Sheep In A Jeep By Nancy Shaw
Maisy's Morning On The Farm By Lucy Cousins
Biscuit's Day At The Farm By Alyssa Satin Capucilli
Find It On The Farm By Dee Phillips
Down On The Farm By Merrily Kutner
Farm Animals By Karen Wallace and Nicki Palin















No comments:
Post a Comment