Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Bugs

Sorry I have kinda forgotten about the blog for a bit, but I am back now! 
So our art projects this week include:

 Bumble bee

I cut out a bee shaped body with a head. Then I cut out some black stripes and white wings. Had the toddlers glue it all together and draw a face. We even used a pipe cleaner for antennas.

Hand print Caterpillar


First I had the toddlers paint a leaf on their papers!
Then we used their hand prints to make the body. I painted a head at the front.
 
After they dried I drew a face and antenna.

 

Lady Bug

I cut out an eight shape but with the top circle just slightly smaller than the bottom. Cut out a red circle and cut it in half. The toddlers glued the red wings onto the body. They also got to glue on eyes, spots (little black puff balls) and antenna.


Sensory play

We even did some sensory play with whipped soap!

Just put 2Tbsp and about 1/4c water in your blender, food processes, or what have you and let it mix for about 2 min. if too thin let it mix longer. The toddlers had fun with this one!!


We also learned some new songs.

Five Little Dragonflies

One little dragonfly with four shiny wings (Hold up one finger, then 4)
Two little dragonflies learning how to sing (Hold up 2 fingers)
Three little dragonflies zipping up and down (Hold up 3 fingers, then move quickly)
Four little dragonflies resting on the ground (Hold up 4 fingers, then rest head on hands)
Five little dragonflies going home for lunch (Hold up 5 fingers, then “fly” fingers away)
Along came a frog and munch, munch, munch! (Clap hands once on each “munch”)

Beehive

Bee Hive (Put your hands together like a bee hive and say...)
This is my bee hive, but where are the bees,
Hidden inside where nobody sees,
One two three four five (Pop fingers up while counting)
They buzz away to the trees!

No comments:

Post a Comment