Friday, August 16, 2013

Bear Theme

Our art projects this week Include:

Paper Plate Panda Bear

 I love crafts that are easy and cute! This one was both! I cut out a circle, 2 arms, 2 legs, 2 ears, a nose and 2 eyes. The Toddlers glued them together, drew a mouth and Ta-da! Paper plate panda bears!



Teddy Bear Mask

I used the bear mask template I found here,and traced it onto the paper plates. I cut them out and gave the kiddos one each. They painted them with brown paint.
After they were dry I cut out the eyes and drew a nose and mouth! I think they are some cute Teddy Bears!!


 

 

Snowy "Paint"  Polar bear

Here is another fun easy craft! It also uses another paper plate. To make the "paint" you take 2 tbsp glue and mix it with 4tbsp shaving cream. Lrt the kiddos paint it onto the paper plate. Then let them put in the eyes, a nose, and ears. As it dries the "paint" becomes flat. 



TP Tube Brown Bear

I used the template I found here and traced it onto white paper. I cut it out and the kiddos painted it and their tp tube. After they dried we drew faces on them and glued the arms, legs, and head to the tp tube.

















The local library had these wonderful books for us:
Black Bear North America's Black Bear By Stephen Swinburne
Teddy Bears' Mother Goose By Michael Hague
Polar Bears By Lesley A. DuTemple
Little Bear's Big Sweater by David Bedford
Baby Bear's Books By Jane Yolen
The Three Bears By Byron Barton
The Three Snow Bears By Jan Brett





No comments:

Post a Comment