Thursday, August 1, 2013

Trucks and Cars Theme


Our art projects this week are:

Tire track painting

We used black paper for the road and got some lighter colors of paint so hopefully it would show up when dry. We just used 3 trucks Little Mr. had and we all switched. They had fun driving each of the cars around on their paper!

Shape garbage truck

I cut out a large and a small rectangle and a triangle for each of the kids. Then they glued them onto a background paper. I then cut out 2 wheels for each child. After everything was glued on I gave them the crayons to decorate their garbage truck!
So simple and cute!!

 

Egg carton dump truck

This was a fun craft but because the smaller ones are only 2 I had to do the assembling before I let them at it.  Construction of the dump truck is not too hard. You just take half of an egg carton and cut off the top and the flap that holds it closed.

Then you cut out the two middle cups. You then place the top and the cups you cut out onto the other part. Glue it together as best you can. I had to glue the bed part back on after they painted because I did not allow the glue to dry before painting but it was not a problem.
Then I let the kiddos paint their dump truck! We mixed up some "black" paint and painted the wheels then they painted the rest whatever color they wanted.

 

Shape fire truck


We cut a rectangle , a square and 3 circles. Glue them on the paper in a firetruck shape. Then I made a ladder for each of the kids.
 They glued it on, then colored a scene for their fire trucks.

 



 Fine Motor this week I filled balloons with flour! They were fun to squish!
 Little sis thinks everything is a phone!


For some outside fun this week we drew some roads outside on the sidewalk and drove the cars on them!


       

 Big Sis had fun drawing houses and stop lights too!

Our reading list this week:
Smash That Trash  By Sonia Sander
Cool Cars By Tony Mitton
Monster Trucks! By Mark Todd
Fire Truck By Peter Sis
Little Trucks With Big Jobs By Robert Maass
Cars Galore By Peter Stein
We LOVE our library!!

No comments:

Post a Comment