For our art projects this week we made:
Oceans on a paper plate
This is simple and fun for the toddlers. You just put some glue on the flat part of a paper plate and let them stick blue tissue paper to the glue. After they get it covered we added some fish and an octopus I cut out. Then I put some glue on the bottom edge and they stuck on some seaweed. I think they turned out great!
Egg carton crabs
The toddlers LOVE to paint and this was so easy for them. I just cut one of the egg cups off of an egg carton and let them go to town with the red paint. After they dried we glued on some eyes and claws. If you had bigger kids who would not put them in their mouths you could use googly eyes!
TP roll Octopus
We also took some ocean creatures outside and played with them in the water table. They had a blast with the whales and dolphins.
Our reading list for the week included:
Hello Ocean By Pam RyanI'm the Biggest Thing In The Ocean By Kevin Sherry
The Magic School Bus On The Ocean Floor By Joanna Cole and Bruce Decan
Wow Ocean By Robert Neubecker
That's Not My Mermaid... By Fiona Watt
We found all of the wonderful books at our local library!





Very cute!
ReplyDelete